Jane has over 18 years’ experience in all aspects of franchising, intellectual property and corporate law.
Jane’s practice focuses on commercial law, franchising, distribution and licensing on a domestic and international basis, leasing and protection of intellectual property.
Jane has experience in:
– Drafting and advising on general commercial agreements
– Acting in sales and purchases of businesses
– Advising franchisors in all aspects of franchising
– Drafting franchise agreements, disclosure documents and other related ancillary documents
– Advising in relation to compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct and protection of
– Acquisitions and takeovers of large franchise groups
– Acting in all aspects of acquisitions and disposals of franchised and non-franchised businesses
– Competition and Consumer Act compliance, including misleading or deceptive
and unconscionable conduct claims and restrictive trade practices
– Drafting documentation for distribution, agency or supply arrangements
– Advising in relation to trade marks and registration of trade marks
– Advising in relation to protection of intellectual property
– Acting in relation to commercial leases (retail and non-retail)
Jane has served as an Adjunct Lecturer and examiner at the College of Law for two and a half years.
Jane is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria. Jane has assisted as a board member on the boards of a number of non-for-profit organisations.
Jane finished Year 12 as a Dux of Melbourne Girls’ College and completed BCom/LLB at Monash University as a recipient of Cavil Zangalis Scholarship.